You are here
Cover letter template
06 December 2016
Your resume is fully up to date and you're ready to start aplying for jobs. But what are you meant to send to a hiring manager or recruiter as a letter of introduction?
Use this cover letter template to get started.
Dear <name of job advertiser>,
In response to your recent advertisement of the ‘Customer Services Representative – job ref 123456' on www.pagepersonnel.com.au, please find attached my resume for your consideration.
I have the following experience which is well aligned to the requirements of the role:
- Successful customer service representative with four years’ experience
- Experience gained in leading ASX listed company
- Thorough understanding of the customer services function, having worked in both specialist and generalist roles
- Multiple sector experience
In my current role as a customer services representative I have achieved the following:
- Diversified customer base by 20% YOY
- Increased team productivity and revenue by 30% YOY
- Acted as customer service account manager to multiple clients
- Managed multiple projects alongside day to day activity; organising CSR day, charity quiz which raised $2,000 for charity, client and candidate entertainment event
I therefore feel that my experience to date is very well aligned to the requirements of this role, and I am confident that I will be a valuable asset to your organisation.
If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact me, and I will look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Now you have the template sorted, read our tips on how to write a great cover letter that will get you noticed.
To produce a winning cover letter, remember to tweak our template for every application. You should:
- Personalise every letter
- Use bullet points
- Relate your experience to the job advertisement
- Be positive, but professional