You are here
This position is now filled
Accounts Payable Manager
- Six Month Fixed Term Contract
- $105,640.91 Per Annum Plus Superannuation
About Our Client
The University of Queensland ranks in the world's top universities and again topped the nation in the prestigious Nature Index; and secured a greater share of Australian Research Council grants in 2016 ($24.5 million) than any other university nationally. The University's 50,000-plus strong student community includes more than 13,000 postgraduate scholars and more than 12,000 international students from 144 countries, adding to its proud 230,000-plus alumni. The University has about 7,000 academic and professional staff and a $1.7 billion annual operating budget. Its major campuses are at St Lucia, Gatton and Herston, in addition to teaching and research sites around Queensland and Brisbane city.
Working as part of the Finance and Business Services Division and headed by the Chief Financial Officer, this role is responsible for the payables function across the University.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and managing the University's accounts payable function by ensuring that payments are made according to approved University policy and within specified deadlines, and manage the University's corporate card programs administration.
- Provide staff management responsibilities including staff workload management, communication and providing measurable feedback.
- Supervise the University's domestic and international payment runs to ensure they're conducted according to the University's specified terms and conditions to maximise cash flow.
- Provide advice to University staff based on professional knowledge and active research of leading practices, and how these could be leveraged to provide best outcomes for the University and its stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement and strong client service culture through the ongoing review of the Unit's policies, processes and services, in collaboration with clients and stakeholders, while ensuring compliance with external regulations and legal requirements.
- Ensure changes to the Unit's policies and procedures are documented in the University's Policy and Procedure Library and on the appropriate FBS website pages.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered, the successful individual will have demonstrated experience in successfully leading and developing a team of professionals, establishing clear responsibilities and accountabilities to deliver customer-focused excellence and continuous improvements. Comprehensive knowledge of, and practical experience with accounts payable and purchasing activities is essential to succeed in the role.
This individual will demonstrate excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the proven ability to work collaboratively to apply knowledge in developing, implementing and reviewing processes, procedures and strategies in a complex organisational environment. You will have highly developed relationship management skills with the ability to interact with, influence, negotiate and gain commitment from a range of stakeholders.
What's on Offer
Your commitment and passion will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package working for one of the nation's leading higher education providers. This role offers a diverse role providing ongoing challenges in a changing landscape. With the ability to take control over the payables function, this is a rare opportunity working for a market leader.