You are here
24 month fixed term contract
About Our Client
My client is a world leader in their field, with strong links to both government and private organisations. The role of Document Controller is to facilitate the delivery of a range of project support functions to ensure the achievement of corporate governance and administrative processes.
The parameters of the role include, but aren't limited to:
- Develop and maintain a document management system in accordance with document management policy and procedures, including the development of a Project document numbering system and register
- Ensure incoming and outgoing documents are filed electronically and in hard copy files with an allocated records management number
- Manage, operate and maintain the Document, Quality and Information Management Systems to ensure compliance with the Project Management Plan and associated sub-plans and company policies and procedures
- Provide advice, training and support to all members of the Project Team in the operation of the project Document, Quality and Information Management Systems
- Coordinate and manage the workflow of Project documentation including document revisions through the approved channels and systems
- Support the maintenance, audit, review and improvement of the Quality Management System
- Identify issues that adversely impact the performance of the Project Document, Quality and Information Management Systems and consult with relevant stakeholders to solve problems and identify improvement opportunities
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this position, you will be an experienced Document Controller. The ideal candidate will come from an infrastructure or oil & gas background and is used to civil engineering documents and drawings.
- Quality Management System lead auditor qualifications or experience
- Preparedness to undertake training in the operation and maintenance of the Project eTrac as required
- Basic knowledge of engineering disciplines, engineering documents and engineering drawing types
- Intermediate to advanced skills in use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Project and SharePoint 2010
- A sound understanding of internal auditing of Quality Management Systems
- Experience in documenting activities at different levels, from strategic to operational
- Sound knowledge of standards, policies and best practices relevant to quality assurance
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills with the proven ability to deal tactfully and effectively with people at all levels
What's on Offer
The role will start based in Fortitude Valley for a period of 3 months, before transferring to Brisbane's Southside for the remaining 24 months. You will ideally be available to start as soon as possible. Short notice periods may be considered. Please apply online to be considered. Shortlisting will commence ASAP.