You are here
Financial Services Officer
- Great CBD Location
- Immediate Start
About Our Client
Our Client provides quality legal services to the NSW Government and its agencies.
Reporting directly to the Financial Operations Supervisor, you will be working in a small team of 4 to complete the following daily tasks:
- Provide accurate and timely data entry, reconcile various accounts and creditor statements, prepare vouchers and invoices and maintain accurate accounting records for transactions processed in accordance with CSO's policies and procedures to support achievement of financial objectives.
- Contribute to completion of office projects such as the asset stocktake to support efficient operations.
- Book hire cars and make reservations for travel and accommodation for solicitors and external parties to attend legal proceedings or other official business to support administrative needs of these staff.
- Liaise with solicitors, administrative staff and external debtors/creditors/suppliers to provide information and assistance and follow up with account enquiries to ensure prompt payment of accounts.
- Maintain proper and adequate accounting records for transactions processed to ensure compliance with record keeping and accounting requirements
- Maintaining knowledge of regulations, Government policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure that the CSO's and Department's processing reflects current regulations, appropriate standards and best practice.
- Contributing to and maintaining a team-based culture to assist others given the need to ensure that work is undertaken in a collaborative manner.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in applying for this role you will have worked in a similar role, be immediately available and able to work a Part-Time on Mondays and Tuesdays.
What's on Offer
On offer is a 6 month contract that is likely to be extended to December working for a friendly and supportive Government organisation. Systems training will also be provided.