You are here
Government Administration Support Officer
Exceptional Sydney location near to Martin Place station;
A busy and rewarding role within a friendly team;
About Our Client
Our client is an integrated authority established by the NSW Government. They work hard to deliver an integrated and customer focused service at the regional and local level to strengthen communities and partnerships across the area. They are committed to continuously improving services by putting the customer at the centre of everything, developing and sustaining positive and productive partnerships and providing open and effective communication. Every person that works for our client, does so in a collaborative manner, as one extended team, each playing an important part in shaping the results that are delivered to customers, the community and the economy.
The duties and responsibilities expected for the Administration Support Officer role include:
- Perform a range of administrative duties to support senior management;
- Acting as the primary contact point within the Program Team for records management;
- Work cooperatively within a team, exchanging information and assisting other team members to achieve team objectives and work outcomes;
- Provide work processing services using appropriate software packages including TRIM;
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Collect, collate and reconcile accounts;
- Distribute circulars and all correspondence to keep managers and staff informed and able to respond to necessary matters in a timely fashion;
- Planning and prioritising work load to meet tight deadlines.
The Successful Applicant
Our client is searching for a candidate who has demonstrated experience in an administration role, with preference given to those with previous Government positions. Experience in using Microsoft software packages would be essential in the preparation of documents and correspondence as required, along with an ability to manage the recording of both inbound and outbound correspondence efficiently. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and possess the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with people at all levels. The Administration Support Officer must have the capacity to work both independently, using self-direction and initiative, and as a team member. Their initiative must be used to maintain a high level of confidentiality, discretion and judgement and the candidate must also show flexibility when meeting deadlines and managing changing priorities. An understanding of TRIM is essential for the role as is the ability to adapt existing skills to new situations.
What's on Offer
- Short term position, available immediately;
- Conveniently located in Sydney's CBD, close to public transport;
- Attractive hourly rate of $26 and $35 depending on experience;