You are here
- Fantastic opportunity for an HR Advisor
- 6 month contract with possible extension
About Our Client
My client is a leading university
As Human Resources Advisor with administration generalist experience, you will undertake both HR administration and HR Information Systems functions. Working closely with other HR Advisors in a team environment you will be responsible for ensuring accurate processing of transactions in line with relevant policy including preparation of employment contracts and processing appointments using the HR Information System (Ascender). You will also be responsible for answering employee queries and providing accurate advice and support to a designated client group.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the initial point of contact for the provision of advice and policy interpretation to staff and managers in relation to our enterprise agreements and human resources policies and procedures.
- Undertake a range of human resources processes, for commencing staff, existing staff and staff leaving the university.
- In conjunction with the Senior Human Resource Advisor critically appraise position documentation.
- Assist with recruitment activities including preparation of advertising material, liaison with applicants, preparing draft appointment documentation, arranging relocations and facilitating immigration where required.
- Write and edit correspondence relating to routine issues including letters of appointment, resignation letters, reclassification letters, and email responses to commencing staff on appointment conditions.
- Coordination of the removal of furniture and effects, sponsorship for temporary or permanent residency, and temporary accommodation for the successful applicants.
- Maintain accuracy of data on Human Resources Information Systems, including checking of data entered, and updating weekly and monthly reports.
- Present information sessions for your client group and deliver presentations into structured programs.
- Train clients in the use of the HR Information System and eRecruit system (Acendre).
- Maintain an active interest and knowledge in Human Resource trends and issues including attending professional development programs.
- Operate as part of the HR Advisory Services Team and provide assistance when needed to other staff.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of human resources procedures and practices by participation in project work and proactively reviewing work processes in consultation with other team members.
- Coordinate the financial processing requirements by raising requisitions on the Oracle Financials system and paying invoices by Corporate Card.
The Successful Applicant
You will have experience within an HR Generalist role or a strong ER background will be considered. You will be looking to work in a collaborative HR team environment and looking for career progression. You will ideally be degree educated or have relevant tertiary qualifications.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary between $64,000 - $72,000 + super depending on experience for this contract role. Extension/ Permanent opportunities are available. Looking for a start date of early March.