You are here
Unrivalled opportunities to gain exposure to legal functions.
About Our Client
Our client is a reputable Property Law Firm with offices located around Australia and internationally. As a result, our client prides themselves on providing a supportive organisational culture and extensive opportunities for career progression. Due to the rapid growth of their operations in Sydney, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Legal Secretary to support their growing team.
Reporting into 2 Lawyers, key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring contracts are appropriately executed, exchanged and filed
- Managing the litigation register in consultation with Deputy General Counsels
- Managing engagements of legal firms and legal firm invoices
- Maintain a functional and organized filing system to permit easy retrieval of data and legal documents as require
- General legal duties as directed by any member of the Legal Team, including word processing, document formatting, photocopying, binding and recording of cases.
- Manages execution and filing of documents and other legal contracts
- Manage all invoices and WIP reports received from external law firms, including seeking approval from deputy general counsel, processing in PeopleSoft and updating LEX with all information
- Prepare monthly Expense Reports
- Preparing and maintaining litigation registers
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a Legal Administrative Support position. As this role requires the support of numerous staff members, you will be able to employ initiative to effectively prioritise and to complete tasks independently. You will also have exceptional written and verbal communication and will have a proven track record of handling confidential information in a discrete, professional and principled manner. Experience with conveyancing will be highly favoured. Finally, you will be a highly motivated individual who is able to work both collaboratively and independently.
What's on Offer
- Immediate start
- Competitive Salary
- Unrivalled opportunities to gain exposure to legal functions
- Convenient location close to public transport