You are here
Planning & Coordination Officer - Government Body
- Petersham location
- 6 month ongoing contract
About Our Client
Our client is a reputable government body with offices located in the heart of the Sydney CBD. Responsible for improving the provision of government services across NSW, our client is currently experiencing a period of growth and transformation. As such, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Planning & Coordination Officer to join their high performing team.
Key accountabilities in this role will include:
- Plan training calendars and programs and ensure relevant information is available for learners;
- Coordinate trainers and the training facilities and resources required to deliver training programs;
- Resolve day-to-day issues that pose a potential delay or difficulty in delivering training services, so as to ensure minimum disruption to service delivery and avoid compromising service quality.
- Provide resources to business groups to assist them in planning training schedules and resolving resource allocation conflicts;
- Participate in group discussions, contributing ideas for improving work practices;
- Create and maintain records that will adequately document business activities and ensure the accuracy and timelines of training records;
- Be aware of, and comply with, Work Health and Safety policies and practices and contribute to the identification and control of Work Health and Safety risks and/or hazards in the workplace.
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrated experience in a logistics role, preferably with a focus on training service delivery, with evidence of quality service delivery achieved through effective planning and resource coordination.
- Experience in analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Sound relationship management and negotiation skills, leading to productive and valuable business relationships.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills and an ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks whilst working under pressure in a high volume environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience in the use of emails, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
What's on Offer
- Initial 6 month contract
- Competitive hourly rate
- Petersham location