You are here
Policy and Public Affairs Officer
- Policy and Public Affairs Officer
- based in Macquarie Park
About Our Client
My client is a large pharmaceutical company based in Macquarie Park.
As a business they focus on the challenging health care issues that address the world. A global company with an office in Sydney with over 100 employees.
The company is very accommodating to employees, appreciating the dedication and the passion. As a result there is a brilliantly collaborative culture, with great employee engagement levels.
The role of Policy and Public Affairs Officer will be a great opportunity for looking for that next challenge in the area.
The duties will include:
- Policy research: research and writing of evidence based positions, policy documents and submissions.
- Research, monitor, analyse and provide timely and insightful reports on developments and trends in politics and public policy, including proactively identifying potential and actual business risks and opportunities.
- Coordinating with the policy team with projects, offering secretarial support when needed
- The ability to engage stakeholders in regards to potential policies.
- Communicate with the government as to strategy
- Liaise we all levels of personnel to ensure full clarity
- Identify and recommend to your manager your ideas for improvement to systems and processes in your area, and areas with which you work.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Policy and Public Affairs Officer role will have:
- Excellent communication skills, particularly with making complex issues simple.
- Be at graduate level or similar in a relevant degree subject (Law, Politics)
- Discretion and maturity in dealing with sensitive issues.
- Commercial acumen to discern potential impacts of policy changes.
- Work well under pressure, with many projects time sensitive.
- Strong understanding of the machinery of government and the political environment.
What's on Offer
The role of Policy and Public Affairs Officer will be offering a competitive salary with company benefits. Excellent progression potential within a globally recognised business.