You are here
Project Support Officer - State Government
- Immediate start for initial 6 month contract
- Highly competitive hourly rate
About Our Client
Our client is a highly regarded Government transport authority who aim to improve the functionality, efficiency and reliability of Sydney's transport services. Now in the key stages of a large and innovative project, our client is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated Project support Officers to join their high performing team.
As an integral member of the Project Support team, key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Employing exceptional written capabilities to draft correspondence, submissions, briefings and documentation;
- Maintaining accurate records of all purchasing activities to support budgeting activities;
- Undertaking diverse administrative tasks including managing personnel timesheets;
- Taking responsibility for accurate and timely Records Management via TRIM;
- Independently coordinating meetings including preparing agendas, taking minutes and compiling briefing papers;
- Raising Purchase Orders as required;
- Using effective communication to ensure positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; and
- Ad hoc administrative support to the wider Projects team and Executives as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have at least 3 years experience in an administrative role, preferably in the Government sector and supporting a Projects function. You will have advanced knowledge of the MS Office Suite and will have a strong knowledge of TRIM. Furthermore, given the need for extensive liaison with internal stakeholders, you will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and will thrive working in a team-based environment. Furthermore, you will have strong analytical and problem solving skills and will be able to prioritise effectively between conflicting tasks. Finally, you will be an enthusiastic individual who will fit in with a friendly and high performing team.
What's on Offer
- Immediate start for a 6 month contract with likely extension;
- Highly competitive hourly rate;
- Unique opportunity to up-skill by gaining exposure to a wide range of business functions; and
- Convenient office location.