You are here
- Immediate start
- 6 - 8 week contract
About Our Client
We are currently working with a client located close to Perth CBD. They are a highly respected local government and they provide a vibrant team environment for their staff. They are seeking 2 experienced Rangers to positively contribute to the community and conduct a variety of ranger duties in the local area.
The successful applicant will be required to conduct a range of activities as part of their role, including but not limited to:
- Carry out regular patrols of the City in respect of the relevant legislation.
- Enforcing local government law including the Dog Act, Cat Act, Parking Local Laws, Off Road Vehicle Act, Litter Act, Abandoned Vehicles and Bush Fire Act.
- Overseeing the animal welfare centre
- Investigate complaints and issue relevant infringement notices and warnings, as appropriate.
- Impound and register straying or wandering dogs, cats and livestock.
- Provide advice and information to the general public on matters of legislation and Council Local Laws in a positive and professional manner.
- Attend Court to give evidence when requested by the City's Solicitor or prosecuting officer.
- In consultation with the Senior Ranger, control the issue of all keys, security codes and access to Council buildings.
- Draft correspondence and provide written reports as required by the Senior Ranger.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated experience in the interpretation and enforcement of Local Laws, Regulations, Acts and/or Legislation.
- Good interpersonal skills, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people and groups to ensure delivery of a high level of customer service.
- Experience in handling animals, particularly dogs.
Good letter and report writing skills.
- Ability to acquire the appropriate legislative endorsements e.g. Construction Induction - Work Safely in the Construction Industry Card (White Card) in combination with a good understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety requirements relevant to this position.
- Possession of, or the ability to acquire, a satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate (dated within the last twelve months).
- Possession of a Cert 2 in security and a security licence will be beneficial.
What's on Offer
- on site parking
- Could lead to a longer contract
- Immediate start