Accounts All-Rounder - Eastern Suburbs
Apply your skills in AP, AR & Payroll! Join a busy Local Gov Association
True generalist role in a small, supportive team! Immediate start, ongoing role
About Our Client
Our client is a local government association in the Eastern Suburbs. As you would expect, the body provides a range of practical services to the area, supports the local community, and maintains leisure and recreation facilities throughout the municipality.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will:
- Complete end-to-end AP for a range of government held facilities and service-provisions
- Complete billing and revenue-oriented responsibilities (rates and grants)
- Support the payroll function, focusing on time-sheet processing for a range of contractors across multiple awards and agreements
- Complete bank statement reconciliations
- Support month-end via GL recs and processing journals
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for and successful in this role you will:
- Ideally offer similar experience drawn from a Local Government environment, or;
- Have a strong generalist skill-set where you've had to work across multiple accounts functions in the same role
- Bring ERP experience to the table
- Enjoy working in a tight-knit team where you contribution is both indispensable, and valued
- Consider yourself diligent and efficient, and a true 'team player'
- Be immediately available to start work
What's on Offer
In return you will:
- Pick up work to start this week!
- Get to enjoy an on-going temporary role, which could take you through Christmas
- Enjoy variety in your day, pivoting between AP, AR and payroll responsibilities!
- Be asked to work autonomously in your position, taking on a solid level of responsibility from day 1!
- Enjoy very reasonable hours - 9am - 4.30pm daily
- Be appropriately remunerated for your work
- Join a lovely local government association with a strong reputation in the local community