Accounts Payable Officer
ASX Listed Business
High Performing Environment
About Our Client
The Brisbane Broncos are a professional rugby league football team participating in the National Rugby League competition. The Brisbane Broncos are one of the most successful clubs having won 6 premierships in the 30 seasons they have played. The club was founded in 1987 with their first season played in 1988, and was the first club from outside New South Wales to participate in the New South Wales Rugby League competition. The Brisbane Broncos are the only publicly listed sporting franchise on the Australian Securities Exchange.
Working as part of the head office core finance function headed up by the CFO, this role reports into the Finance Manager. The main functions of the role include but are not limited to:
* Review invoices and ensure GST compliance and authorisation from departments
* Ensure invoices are coded to the correct general ledger accounts
* Process weekly and ad-hoc payment runs
* Reconcile the intercompany loan account
* Reconcile the monthly creditor statements and clearing accounts
* Resolve supplier and internal queries
* Review and process staff expenses
* Reconcile company credit cards
* Processing of credits, refunds and adjustments to invoices
* Process of reconciliation of payments
* Ensuring adequate documentation is kept by staff members for expenditure incurred
* Ad hoc finance and administration tasks
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should have demonstrated experience working in a similar accounts-based role being familiar with the accounts payable function. They will have the ability to identify a valid tax invoice, a passion for high volume invoice processing and an enthusiasm to take on duties outside of the position description.
In this role the candidate will interact with all departments in the organisation on a daily basis which involves working with different people from a variety of backgrounds. It is important that the candidate has brilliant communication and interpersonal skills and a friendly, optimistic personality that enjoys working as part of a motivated team.
What's on Offer
Over the last 30 years, the Brisbane Broncos has endeavoured to create an excellent working culture for its employees, which has been instilled both on and off the field since its inception. This culture is underpinned by core values of United, Accountable, Respectful and Grateful.
This opportunity will be working at the brand new facilities located at Red Hill with on-site parking, a local café and the opportunity to work for a leading sporting organisation that offers professionalism, support and stability.