APS 6 Finance Officer
Large Federal Government Agency
3 month contract with immediate start
About Our Client
Large federal Government agency located in the city with fantastic opportunities to develop a career in the department
- Monitor and manage information services division support mailbox-action request (cost centre, project codes, User access and other finance related issues.
- Manage the time sheet posting process in Tech 1
- Manage month end process, including accruals and journal reviews and approval within EOM deadlines.
- Conduct weekly and monthly reviews of GL accounts as required and liaise with necessary stakeholders.
- Manage the divisions prepayments register
- Build rapport with divisions and staff through ongoing stakeholder engagement
- Provide support to EL1 divisional business partner to assist in the development of input of internal budgets and reporting.
- Support the EL1 divisional business partner in managing monthly reporting process for the divisions departmental and capital budgets as well as analysing results and preparing relative variance commentary.
- Investigate and implement improvements to current work practices.
- Support the EL1 divisional business partner to meet deadlines for co-ords e.g. S.74 and MYEFO reporting
- Other Ad-hoc duties as required
The Successful Applicant
- Have a proactive approach to all tasks and an ability to readily suggest solutions
- Managing multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines and demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Actively support the delivery of the departments operating principles, taking a future-orientated, collaborative and integrated approach to work that aligns with the divisions objectives
- Understand and advise on the Commonwealth Financial Management Framework.
- Experience in Technology One and or SAP is desirable
What's on Offer
On offer for your hard work you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level in an energetic and fast-paced team. Also on offer are the following:
- Great training and development
- Competitive salary package
- Great Canberra location