- Unique Government opportunity to join on a contract basis
- Potential to move from contracted non-ongoing to ongoing
About Our Client
The Office of the National Data Commissioner is currently progressing legislation to create the national regulator for Australian Government data sharing. This will provide the framework for the safe and effective sharing of data to improve services for all Australians. You will be assisting in building a new regulator as we prepare to operationalise the Data Availability and Transparency (DAT) Bill 2020 currently before Parliament and layer in detailed regulatory guidance and systems.
- Corporate and statutory reporting include annual reports and evaluation
- Development of briefing papers and reports, such as Senate Estimates briefings
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure priority matters are actioned appropriately and in a timely matter
- Secretariat functions, including coordinating meetings, preparing minutes and booking travel
- Contribution to management of ONDC finances and Human Resources
- Contribution to ongoing improvements to coordination and governance processes
The Successful Applicant
- Motivated candidates who thrive in busy, dynamic environments and perform effectively under pressure to provide considered advice.
- The ability to think critically, contribute their own ideas, and apply strong conceptual skills to a wide range of compliance and regulatory issues.
- Great research, analysis, writing skills, case management skills, able to draft quality briefs, submissions, correspondence, and other written material.
- Previous knowledge and/or experience in regulatory compliance (within government or private sector), investigations, complaints handling, administrative law, public law, privacy and information law, litigation or alternative dispute resolution or data governance.
- Must be an Australian Citizen, with ability to obtain and maintain Baseline Security Clearance
What's on Offer
- Join a central agency team that makes real change for Australians.
- Multiple and varied opportunities across the ONDC within Prime Minister & Cabinet.
- Flexible working arrangements within an agency that promotes career growth.
- The opportunity to be a part of the first ever data regulator in the Australian Government.
- Flexible working conditions available.
- Location: Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane. Other locations are possible.
- Non-ongoing, Ongoing or S26 Opportunities available
- Annual performance review attracting potential 1.9% salary increase