APS6 Senior Accounts Payable Officer
Initial contract until March 2020 with possible extension to December 2020
Inner South location, central department
About Our Client
My client is a central government agency that provides a variety of services to the commonwealth. This position is situated within a collaborative and innovative division that provides service implementation to numerous stakeholders.
The key duties for this position are:
- ensuring action of the more complex day-to-day activities of the accounts payable and vendor maintenance functions to meet all KPIs and Service Level Outcomes
- supporting the action of the day-to-day activities of the credit card and travel functions
- drafting business optimisation and internal controls and assurance documentation
- providing high-level customer service, liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- meeting all KPIs with a continuous improvement approach
- supporting other areas by contributing to the establishment and implementation of new services and systems within the agency
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Previous experience in a public or private sector finance environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and commitment to finding solutions that meet customer and leadership team expectations
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy in analyses and reports, and when following processes and procedures
- Highly-developed client service and stakeholder liaison skills
- Well-developed collaboration skills
- Results-focused and committed to finding efficiencies and better ways of doing business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information in plain English for a diverse audience
- A flexible, 'can-do' attitude in response to evolving operational and business needs
- Comprehensive understanding, or ability to quickly acquire comprehensive understanding, of relevant legislation including the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability(PGPA) Act 2013 and Australian taxation requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in human resources, finance, accounting, economics, business or a related field
What's on Offer
This is an initial contract until March 31 2020 with possible extensions until December 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an innovative implementation area that has a collaborative and fast paced environment.