- Join a central policy agency team that makes real change for Australia's live
- Multiple and varied opportunities across many divisions within The Treasury
About Our Client
Treasury provides economic analysis and authoritative policy advice on issues such as: the economy, budget, taxation, financial sector, crypto-currency, foreign investment, structural policy, superannuation, small business, housing affordability and international economic policy.
As part of the Financial System Division (FSD), The senior analyst will expand the Financial Innovation Unit in FSD to work in a team tasked with assessing current and possible regulatory frameworks for emerging technology - crypto-assets, digital wallets, decentralised finance, de-banking and stable coins. The role title of senior analyst will include but not limited to.
- Conduct analysis required to support the Financial Innovation Unit
- Demonstrate strong understanding of the current regulatory framework as it applies to crypto-assets and services to stakeholders
- Implement and apply current developments in the Datacasting Transmitter Licenses (DTL) landscape as they apply to the financial system.
- Be able to draw on frameworks and work within other areas to provide expert advice and solve complex problems.
- Develop and communicate key departmental priorities to tight timeline.
The Successful Applicant
- The ability to be resilient and adapt to change and a fast-moving environment.
- Great analytical or policy experience, with ability to apply judgement, impartiality, and perseverance.
- Three years previous experience within the banking sector, legal sector, or regulatory policy.
- Prior knowledge and understanding of financial regulators, financial markets, and the crypto market is beneficial, but not a requirement.
- Possess flexibility and resilience in working in a fluid environment.
- Must be an Australian Citizen, with ability to obtain and maintain Baseline Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree - finance, legal, business, economics, public policy, actuarial are desirable
What's on Offer
- The opportunity to have influential change and make a difference on the economic outcomes for Australian people.
- Canberra or Sydney Based
- APS6 Salary between $89,846-$108,848 + superannuation, annually
- Non-ongoing, Ongoing or S26 Opportunities available
- Annual performance review attracting potential 1.9% salary increase