AR & Collections Officer - Nedlands
Immediate start! Complete a large consumer-oriented collections project
Low value invoices, around 1,500 outstanding at present from last 2 years
About Our Client
Our client is a medical practictioner with offices throughout the Perth metro area and a large customer base thanks to referral and repeat business.
You will work closely with their Bookkeeper and CFO, both of whom are very professional and capable, whilst remaining completely down to earth.
Although placement is for a short period of time, you will be treated as part of the team from your first day.
Reporting to the CFO, you will be asked to:
- work through a ledger of about 1,500 debtors whose accounts are outstanding and significantly overdue
- contact the relevant parties to highlight the outstanding amounts via phone, email and/or letter
- collect on those amounts, or put payment plans in place
- reissues invoices as required
- keep track of incoming monies via daily bank reconciliations
- receipt payments
- reconcile accounts
- record your activity in the system for compliance purposes
- provide reports outlining your activity
- proceed to legal action, as necessary
- write off debt, if required (with approval)
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for and successful you will:
- come with in-depth AR and collections experience, ideally consumer-driven
- ideally offer experience with lower value, high-volume invoicing and collections
- be able to demonstrate your success working in a high-responsibility, sole-charge role
- have mature communication skills - you can influence others, approach anyone, build relationships and get results!
- have a penchant for collections and reconciliation work
- have some experience working in an ERP system (Pronto, Tech1 etc.)
What's on Offer
In return you will:
- pick up meaningful work to start immediately and tide you through until Christmas
- get to make a really positive impact on this business, given the overall value associated with the outstanding invoices
- be asked to manage your own time and processes, to collect on the outstanding revenue
- have access to flexibility in your role - start early and finish early or even work school hours / part-time!
- align with a professional, capable and hardworking finance team, who are also delightful and lovely to interact with
- be well remunerated for your efforts