AR & Collections Officer - Wangara
Immediate start! Complete a large collections project - work to Christmas!
High-value invoices, commercial clients, legacy debts from up to 6 years ago
About Our Client
Our client is a stalwart of the building and construction sector, providing services and personnel for large-scale projects.
They enjoy excellent tenure from their staff - a result of their positive team culture, sparkling corporate offices and strong strategic direction.
Although placement is for a short period of time, you will be treated as part of the team from your first day.
This company are also known for 'keeping good people', so there may be opportunity for a long-term position!
Reporting to the Transactional Manager you will:
- work through a ledger of commercial debtors whose accounts are outstanding and significantly overdue
- contact the relevant parties to highlight the outstanding amounts via phone, email and/or letter
- collect on those amounts, or put payment plans in place
- keep track of incoming monies via daily bank reconciliations
- receipt payments
- reconcile accounts
- record your activity in the system for compliance purposes
- provide reports outlining your activity
- proceed to legal action, as necessary
- write off debt, if required (with approval)
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for and successful in this role, you will:
- come with in-depth AR and collections experience, ideally in the commercial space
- be in a position to get to Wangara, every day (parking available) for an 8am start
- be able to demonstrate your success working in a high-responsibility, sole-charge role
- have mature communication skills - you can influence others, approach anyone, build relationships and get results!
- have a penchant for collections and reconciliation work and love to work fast!
- have some experience working in an ERP system (Pronto, Tech1 etc.)
What's on Offer
In return you will:
- pick up meaningful work to start immediately and tide you through until Christmas as a minimum
- get to make a really positive impact on this business, given the overall value associated with the outstanding invoices
- be asked to manage your own time and processes, to collect on the outstanding revenue
- align with a professional, capable and hardworking finance team, who are also delightful and lovely to interact with
- be well remunerated for your efforts