- Join a central policy agency team that makes real change for Australia's live
- Multiple and varied opportunities across many divisions within The Treasury
About Our Client
The Treasury provides economic analysis and authoritative policy advice on issues such as: the economy, budget, taxation, financial sector, crypto-currency, foreign investment, structural policy, superannuation, small business, housing affordability and international economic policy. Please visit https://fraa.gov.au/about-fraa for further information.
As part of the Financial System Division, the Financial Regulatory Assessment Authority (FRAA) Unit is a new statutory body created to regularly assess the effectiveness and capability of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and the Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority (APRA).
We are seeking:
- EL1 Assistant Director
- APS6 Senior Financial and Regulatory Analyst
- APS5 Financial Policy Analyst
Financial Policy Analyst/Senior Regulatory Policy Analyst role responsibilities will include, but not limited to;
- Conduct analysis required to support FRAA assessments.
- Develop advice to the FRAA and the leadership of the FRAA Secretariat.
- Engage with external stakeholders to gather relevant information.
- Draft assessments and other written communications from the FRAA.
- Contribute to the development of the strategic direction of the FRAA.
The Successful Applicant
- The ability to be resilient and adapt to change and a fast-moving environment.
- Great analytical or policy experience, with ability to apply judgement, impartiality, and perseverance.
- Previous experience within the banking sector, legal sector, or regulatory policy.
- Prior knowledge and understanding of financial regulators, financial markets, and corporate governance (both in Australia and around the world) is very beneficial.
- Must be an Australian Citizen, with the ability to obtain and maintain Baseline Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree - finance, legal, business, economics, public policy or actuarial
What's on Offer
- The opportunity to have influential change and make a difference on the economic outcomes for Australian people.
- Location: Canberra or Sydney
- EL1 Assistant Director Salary between $117,195 & $143,149 + superannuation, annually
- APS6 Senior Financial and Regulatory Analyst Salary between $89,846 & $108,848 + superannuation, annually
- APS5 Financial Policy Analyst Salary between $79,648 & $88,976 + superannuation, annually
- Non-ongoing, Ongoing or S26 Opportunities available
- Annual performance review attracting potential 1.9% salary increase