Attractive hourly rate
Immediate start ongoing contract position with possibility of permanency
About Our Client
This local government office are seeking an immediately available Governance Support Officer on a potential temporary to permanent basis. You will be immediately available to hit the ground running in a new contract assignment and have previous experience working in local government.
Day to day duties will involve:
- Prepare, compile and lodge agendas and minutes for standing committees, ordinary council, special council and other meetings
- Attend and record discussions at council meetings
- Execute administrative tasks associated with the agendas and minute processes including accurate preparation
- Identify and review processes
- Provide high level research assistance
- Provide general administrative support
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and team orientated individual with the following requirements:
- Availability to attend meetings on Tuesday evenings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with discretion while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Knowledge of local government processes or the ability to acquire this knowledge quickly.
- Proven experience in working effectively in an administrative support role with the ability to provide professional, high quality support.
- High level administrative and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet multiple deadlines while working under pressure and with limited supervision.
- Sound knowledge of meeting procedures and experience and high level skills in agenda preparation, minute taking and attention to detail.
- Well-developed skills in information management, including a high level of corporate computer literacy and word processing.
What's on Offer
An immediate start contract opportunity with the possibility of permanency. Attractive hourly rate.