Group Payroll Lead
Apply your passion, skills & success in payroll leadership & strategy
Exciting change projects, complex BAU processing - create a legacy here
About Our Client
Our client is a national figure in the technology space, with offices across ANZ and reach to certain international pockets. This firm has 4 subsidiary brands, and an employee base numbering approximately 5,000.
You'll join a sophisticated organisation that continues to act to refine and improve their products and services, as well as their customer and employee experience.
Their values are indeed aligned with excellence, innovation, and growth.
Reporting to the Group HR Lead you will be responsible for:
- Delivering a more streamlined, efficient, cost-effective and lower-risk payroll function
- Ensuring ongoing on-time and accurate processing for 5,000 staff across ANZ
- Ensuring the payroll team are appropriately educated and skilled to complete their roles - ongoing mentoring and support
- Introduction of more powerful compliance / vetting structures and processes
- Multiple projects:
- Improvements to culture and capabilities, within payroll team
- Systems upgrade/implementation
- Improving visibility on payroll - introduction of meaningful reports etc.
- Automation/process improvement,
- Enhanced compliance/risk reduction frameworks,
- HRIS implementation,
- Consolidation of payrolls, and more.
- Aligning closely with HR, Finance and IT to fulfil your strategic objectives
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for and successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrate significant payroll leadership and strategic success, ideally drawn from top tier organisations with national/international reach and complex payroll functions
- Be able to point to multiple examples of meaningful change you have effected in past roles
- Offer a 'people-centric' approach to payroll leadership - you lead your team with care, and deliver on payroll as a service
- Be able to prove you are up to date with current workplace legislation
- Consider yourself compliance focussed - thorough, detail-oriented, and up to date regarding legislation and reporting requirements
- Be confident in your competencies and credibility - you are comfortable influencing people towards change
What's on Offer
In return you will:
- Align with a top tier, high-profile technology business, with projects/offices and personnel situated all around the world
- Get to sink your teeth into a complex and interesting payroll function - at scale - empowering your team to deliver this accurately and on-time
- As well as this - get to focus on your people (not just the processes!)
- Have a seat at the table, regarding payroll strategy and partner with Finance, HR & IT to reach success
- Get to deliver a range of projects to move the payroll function from current position to one that reflects the principles of the organisation itself
- Work in divine offices in the CBD
- Be eligible for the organisation's bonus scheme