Rates Officer - Immediate Start!
Part-Time role for 4 week duration - competitive hourly rate, lovely team!
Local Gov. Council - south of river, 10 minutes from the CBD!
About Our Client
Our client is an established Local Government Council located south of the river.
You'll join a friendly team culture, report to a supportive manager and be asked to jump in and succeed in your role from day 1!
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the maintenance of databases and record keeping
- Ensuring accurate and timely payments of rates
- Processing of levy and collection rates and changes in relation to relevant government acts
- Coordinating debt recovery process for overdue rates and annual charges such as payment arrangements
- Providing great customer service in regards to ratepayer's complaints and issues
- Assisting with rate modelling when required for budgets
- Ensuring all corporate documentation is correctly recorded and processed
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for and successful in this role you will:
- Offer experience in a rates role or revenue focused role, in local gov.
- Have strong knowledge of council rates legislation
- Come with proven customer service and data entry skills
- Be highly organised and able to work in a team and autonomously
- Be immediately available to start work
What's on Offer
In return you will:
- Pick up work in a fabulous environment, to start immediately
- Be asked to work autonomously, whilst enjoying the support of the team around you
- Align with a respected Local Gov. Council, south of the river but close to the CBD
- Be appropriately remunerated for your efforts
- Get to work part-time and enjoy flexibility to your work commitments
- See potential for further work down the track