Work for a large local governement council, make a meaningful difference
Rewarding work environment with opportunity to develop skills and career
About Our Client
Our client is a large local government council located in Perth and are committed to high quality customer service, equal opportunity and diversity.
- The Rating Officer, as part of a large team, is responsible for contributing to the efficient, timely and accurate maintenance of Councils database;
- Assists with rates modelling for Budget preparation;
- Prepare written responses to stakeholders and media enquiries;
- Create letter templates for rates department;
- Assist with issue of rate notices, levying of interim rate notices and rate collection in line with legislative requirements and Council Policy;
- Assist in the effective maintenance of Council's property database and rates valuation register;
- Levy and collect rates in accordance with statutory legislation, the Pensioner Rebate and Deferments Act and Council Policy;
- Act as a first point of contact for customer service in relation to rates enquiries and liaise with the Valuer General's Office and other Local Authorities and key stakeholders;
- Process account enquires "EAS" in line with legislative requirements and within specified timeframe along with Orders and Requisitions;
- Process Change of Address/Name including Rollovers from settlements within specified timeframe;
- Process Arrangements to Pay within a specified timeframe and in line with Adoption of budget in relation to fees;
- Process pension applications along with system and manual claims within specified timeframe and in line with legislation;
- Assist with direct debit applications;
- Assisting with the review and development of new processes;
- Assisting with public consultations in line with Council's decisions;
- Special Projects as per instruction Manager of Financials Services & Rates.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous experience in local government is preferred but not essential.
- Good communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
What's on Offer
A great opportunity to work in a diverse and rewarding environment with the potential to develop your skills and career.