Senior Lease Accountant
Long term opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a NFP organisation in WA and is seeking an experienced Senior Financial Accountant with specific experience in Lease Accounting to support the financial Controller in an exciting temporary to permanent position with the opportunity to work autonomously and build a role and team. This role requires an immediate start and is for an initial term of 4-6 months with a strong possibility of extension or leading to a permanent role.
- Working across the business to Source outstanding contractual & invoice documentation in relation to leases.
- Perform and implement all areas of the AASB 16 leasing standard to the accounting, budgeting and financial planning.
- Responsible for ensuring accounting processes are maintained and deliver effective internal controls around the tracking and accounting for lease related spend, including technical accounting
- Contribute to the review of monthly, quarterly and annual operational results and financial reporting
- Business partnering and communicating with relevant leaders in the business to gather information and continuously add value to be seen as a credible and trusted business partner
- Development, communication and testing of ongoing BAU procedures and assist with the creation and documentation of accounting policies and internal control framework
- Month end and year end duties in terms of reconciliations, journal entries and producing reports
- Working closely with Excel and business tools to transfer data from excel into an automated solution or redesigned Excel spreadsheets.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must possess a professional accounting qualification. As this is a niche role, the successful candidate must have knowledge and experience of lease agreements and accounting. Experience in Financial reporting and management as well as a strong experience in excel and financial modelling. The candidate must also possess, strong communication and business partnering skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders.
What's on Offer
- Entitlement to PageGroup benefits as a contractor including discounts in gym memberships, health insurance, retail and other great benefits
- On-site parking
- Immediate start
- Possibility of becoming a permanent position
- Opportunity to work for a large and growing WA organisation
- Competitive hourly rate