Senior Payroll Officer - Broadcasting/Media
An instantly recognised brand in Australian broadcasting
Work from home or onsite parking available, free gym
About Our Client
My client is an instantly recognised name in Australian Broadcasting. News, sport, entertainment, radio and television at the heart of the organisation.
- Commence and maintain staff details in the payroll system to ensure correct payment of salary and entitlements.
- Process roster variations and payroll adjustments.
- Calculate and process termination payments for exiting employees.
- Perform all necessary payroll checks and controls.
- Provide advice to Managers, Schedulers and Employees, relating to rostering, superannuation and entitlements ensuring adherence to policies and obligations.
- Provide payroll support to P&C Business Partners & P&C Consultants on interpretation & calculation of allowances, redundancies and other payroll related queries including tax rules and implications.
- Contributed to continual improvement for process and procedures within the team.
- Ensuring superannuation payments occur on time and in alignment with fund rules.
- Support projects as required
The Successful Applicant
- 3+ year's payroll experience in a complex organisation with large volume payroll
- Experience adapting to a complex and continually changing environment
- Experience interpreting complex Awards and/or Enterprise Agreements
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Aurion payroll experience favourable but not essential
- Exceptional attention to detail & strong customer service focus
- Strong communication skills both verbal & written.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate enthusiastic understanding and alignment with the organisations purpose and values
What's on Offer
The opportunity to work with an internationally recognised organisation. Working in a high performing team with a fantastic and supportive culture. Initially a working from home role with a partial return to office planned for January. A site with free gym and on site parking or 10 min walk from public transport. A highly competitive salary with an immediate start.