Statistical Analyst - 6 month contract
Government client located in North Sydney
About Our Client
Government client in North Sydney
- The core values of the ABM Team of innovation, communication, transparency, excellence and collaboration.
- State ABF/ABM modelling and the implementation and validation of the National Weighted Activity Unit (NWAU) and/or state equivalent, in state-wide databases such as the HIE and EDW.
- Process, summarise and analyse high volume datasets using SAS and other suitable programs.
- Research, evaluate and recommend refinements to the state ABF/ABM modelling processes in accordance with ABF best practice.
- Provide technical advice and support to internal and external stakeholders for all product costing projects, e.g. new innovation products and product enhancements, through the development of product costs, variance analysis and a variety of benchmark and ad hoc analysis.
- Conduct regular analysis of activity and the associated costs of providing services across ABF work streams in NSW.
- Manage, maintain and develop accurate, timely and routine statutory and ad hoc reports related to the cost of product activities
- Support the processing of annual product costing data, and data validation processes.
- Successful completion of projects relating to costing, measuring activity, coding, IT requirements, governance controls and funding.
- Supporting appropriate pricing for the purposes of determining the Commonwealth's funding contribution.
The Successful Applicant
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant health related discipline such as health information management, statistics, database management or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in statistical and data analysis using SAS, including the ability to summarise results for a broader audience and analyse data to guide policy development.
- Demonstrated, well developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with staff, management and external stakeholders.
- Extensive experience with the development, building, querying and maintaining of reports using tools such as the Microsoft suite.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful development, implementation and maintenance of new data items or reporting processes where data is obtained from multiple sources.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a high volume environment and to deliver results that meet client expectations within short timeframes.
What's on Offer
6 month Statistical Analyst contract