Statutory & Strategic Planning Officer
About Our Client
Be a part of some of Perth's fantastic councils working on leading projects taking place. You will gain the resources and knowledge to progress within your career, the opportunity to experience how different councils work and be a part of dynamic and encouraging team cultures.
- Delivery of planning services as part of the statutory planning unit team.
- Provision of professional advice on town planning matters in consultation with the coordinator.
- Provision of professional advice on subdivision of land matters in consultation with the coordinator and other senior staff.
- Undertake delegated planning responsibilities in accordance with the instrument of delegation and ethical professional practices generally in consultation with the coordinator and other senior staff.
- Research and report on planning applications and other planning matters as required, in consultation with the coordinator and other senior staff.
- Provision of high level customer service in response to requests for information and/or advice.
- Promotion of the principles of best practice and continuous improvement.
- Liaison with government departments, agencies and other relevant bodies.
- Keep abreast of the changing legislation and practice requirements for the assessment of applications.
- Understand and shape the company's strategy and mission
- Develop plans to materialise strategy and analyse business proposals
- Research competition to identify threats and opportunities
- Assess the company's operational and strategic performance
- Align processes, resources-planning and department goals with overall strategy
- Provide support and insight into significant organisational changes (e.g. shift in strategic focus, mergers and acquisitions)
- Educate senior executives in making effective decisions
- Construct forecasts and analytical models
- Monitor and analyse industry trends and market change
The Successful Applicant
As a successful candidate you will be someone who is eager to learn, bubbly, innovative and possess the following:
- Degree in planning (Urban etc.)
- Understanding of legislation
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable strategic thinking abilities
- Assess, report on and decide (as appropriate) applications for planning permit in accordance with the instrument of delegation and ethical professional practices in consultation with the Statutory Planning Coordinator and other senior staff.
- To undertake allocated tasks in a timely and proficient manner.
- To prepare reports and otherwise generally participate in and contribute to Statutory and Strategic Planning as required in consultation with the Statutory Planning coordinator and other senior staff.
What's on Offer
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to be amongst some of Perth's leading planners, gain exposure to different council settings and be amongst a supportive and encouraging team environment.